Monday, December 13, 2021

Made in California

 

I love books like these, they're so much fun. I had no idea how many food places got their start in California. It's sad how many of them are gone now, but quite a few have become popular not just in the U.S. but all over the world. 

I have to admit to not really understanding the whole In N Out thing. My Dad loved them, so we went all the time when I was growing up. I never really thought the burgers and fries were that good, but I know I'm in the minority. I wasn't a big hamburger person before I stopped eating meat. I've never had a Big Mac, when I was a kid after McDonald's introduced the chicken McNuggets, I used to get those all the time instead of burgers in my Happy Meals. Once I got to be an adult the only things I would get were French fries occasionally, although I do like their coffee. It's one of those things I'll get if I'm driving by one but I won't make a special trip to go get it. 

Carl's Jr. was the first fast food place that put in self-service soda machines, I remember when that happened how excited we were. We used to fill our cups with every kind of soda, mixing them all up. It brought back a lot of good memories. 

No comments: