Another one I was late to the party on, but it was super fun. I listened to it on audio during a long road trip and the narrator was fantastic. I'm actually really glad I listened to it instead of reading it, I think I got more out of it.
Rachel and Nick live in New York and have been dating for a few years when Nick invites her to attend his best friend's wedding in Shanghai. Rachel is excited to go and meet his friends and family, but Nick fails to warn her that his family is rich. As in "crazy" rich. So are his friends.
It's a whole different world for Rachel. Nick's family doesn't approve of her because she doesn't come from an acceptable family. Nick's old girlfriend is jealous and tries to drive Rachel away. Nick is scrambling to try to make it up to her and not doing the best job.
I know absolutely nothing about how the 1% live, but it was fun to read about how opulent and over the top these folks are. I'm about halfway done with the next book, which I downloaded as soon as I finished this one 😊

No comments:
Post a Comment