Monday, October 14, 2024

Why We Love Football; Dark Tide

 

Posnanski counts down the top 100 moments in football history. He had a lot of good ones on here, ones I fondly remembered. He did, however, miss the first Lambeau leap, and I think that should have been included. Of course it's impossible to include everything. Football is full of amazing moments. There are definitely more than 100 reasons to love it. 

On that note...GO PACK GO!! 😊







"Dark Tide" was not what I was expecting, and yet I really couldn't put it down. It was very well written and compelling. 

Edna Cowell is Ted Bundy's cousin. They were close when they were children, Ted being the same age as Edna's older brother. When Ted was arrested for the kidnapping, rape, and murder of the young women that had gone missing around their Washington homes, Edna and her family were sure it was some horrible mistake. Their Ted would never do anything like that. 

It was hard for her to come to terms with the truth. I appreciated hearing about the experience from a family member, we don't normally hear their side of things. Even though we disagree about the death penalty, I found her story engaging. 


No comments: