Monday, July 8, 2013

Dead Ever After; Not Comin' Home to You

"Dead Ever After" by Charlaine Harris is the last Sookie Stackhouse book. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I've enjoyed the books, but I think watching the TV show while reading the books was a bad idea. Normally it's okay, I'm good with keeping them separate but because the show is *so* different than the books I've had a hard time. I enjoyed this one, and I like how it ended, although I'm sure many fans will be disappointed. But I honestly think she did the best for everyone and the ending was a nice wrap up.

"Not Comin' Home to You" by Lawrence Block is loosely based on the Charles Starkweather case. Set in the early 1970s, Jimmie John Hall starts out his journey by killing a man, stealing a car, and then cruising a high school, where he picks up young, naive, eager to get away from her awful stepfather Betty. Together them embark on a multi-state killing spree before they are finally caught. It was a quick read. I like Block. I should read more of him.

No comments: