Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Bones of the Lost; Poisoned Pilgrim

I read an ARC of Kathy Reich's "Bones of the Lost" a few months ago, and it was published last month and I forgot about it. Oops. But it was really good, I enjoyed it. Tempe is investigating a hit and run murder of a young unidentified girl, a smugglers importing stolen artifacts, and a U.S. Marine accused of killing two Afghanistan locals in cold blood. Believe it or not, all the cases were connected and made sense, and I was able to keep track of everything that was going on. Solid win for me.

"Poisoned Pilgrim" by Oliver Potzsch is his fourth hangman book. Man, this guy writes a lot! Like the first three, I really enjoyed it. Magdalena and Simon are on a pilgrimage to a monastery in Andecho. There are of course a lot of mysterious things going on. When one of the monks is arrested for murder, Magdalena learns he is an old friend of her father's and she sends for his help. So of course Jakob comes to help clear his old friend's name. The ending on this one was really sad, but I liked it.

And on a totally unrelated note: today marks the anniversary of when the wonderful William Faulkner entered the world! Damn, I wish I had time to reread some of his books right now. Why do I always have a huge pile of books to catch up on? I guess there are much worse problems to have :)

No comments: