Thursday, June 19, 2014

On My Own; Psychopath Whisperer

"On My Own" by Florence Falk is a self help book about how to live a full and happy life as a single woman, to get past the idea that you need a man in your life in order to be fulfilled. It's not an easy thing to give up on your dreams, and she argues you don't have to, that you can do everything on your own. I don't know about that, but I'm making more of an effort to enjoy things on my own without thinking I can't do them because I don't have a partner.

"The Psychopath Whisperer" by Kent Kiehl was absolutely fascinating. Dr. Kiehl has spent his life studying the brains of psychopaths, MRI scanning them, conducting extensive research, and over his career he has proven that their brains are different than a normal person's. Dr. Kiehl would like to find a way to diagnose psychopaths early, while they are still young, and get them the treatment they need before they become a danger to society. It was very interesting, even though it did get a bit science-y at times for me :)

No comments: