Saturday, February 27, 2016

The Radleys

I'm currently working on an inventory of our fiction collection at work, which is great fun because as I'm looking at each and every book I'm finding many I'd like to read that I might otherwise have been unaware of, missing them when they were new, like "The Radleys" by Matt Haig. The cover caught my eye, and I read the synopsis, and promptly checked it out. It was very good, I enjoyed it. The Radleys are a seemingly normal family, but it turns out they're actually abstaining vampires. Their children, Rowan and Clara, don't even know they're vampires, and wonder why they are so much paler and weaker than the other kids at school, why they suffer from headaches and nausea. When Clara is attacked by a pushy boy, she lashes out and accidentally kills him. Peter calls his older brother Will to help out. Will is a practicing vampire and a powerful one, above the law, in a way. It was a fun take on vampires.

No comments: