Thursday, December 29, 2016

High Five; Two for the Dough

Boy, have I been in a book slump lately. I've only read four books this month, and two were these Janet Evanovich rereads. I have all these wonderful books I've put on hold and gotten from work, and then had to renew (and renew again) because I just haven't had the motivation to read them. Eventually I'll snap out of it, but in the meantime this is all I've read lately. "High Five" finds Stephanie looking for her missing Uncle Fred. He was having an argument with his garbage company, and disappeared. Honestly, no one is really too sad he's gone, including his long-suffering wife, who is planning a cruise and buying new cars and furniture.
I hadn't read "Two for the Dough" in a long time, the only thing I remembered was that Stiva's funeral parlor burned down in the end. Stephanie is trying to find Kenny Mancuso, who skipped bail after shooting his friend in the knee. Mancuso is Joe Morelli's cousin, and she and Morelli form an uneasy partnership to try to catch Kenny. Meanwhile, Spiro Stiva hires Stephanie to find out what happened to a bunch of surplus caskets he bought from the government that went missing out of his storage locker.

No comments: