Sunday, April 30, 2017

Lonesome Dove

I caught part of the TV miniseries a few weeks ago and ever since I've been itching to reread "Lonesome Dove", which is one of my favorite books of all time. Even though I've read it dozens of times, I still enjoy it, it's like visiting old friends. So, even though I have stacks of library books I haven't read yet, I spent my two days off rereading and visiting with my old friends, Captain Augustus McCrae and Captain Woodrow F. Call (did we ever find out what the F stood for? I don't think we did). I used to imagine, when I was younger, that if I ever had a son I would name him Augustus. I had a stuffed bunny I cared around as a teenager (I was a weird teenager) I named Woodrow after Captain Call. I still have the bunny, by the way, and I still love reading this book.

No comments: