Sunday, June 24, 2018

Elizabeth the Queen

Wow, I'm woefully behind on my reading! Our staff summer reading program started at work yesterday, so I better step up my game :)
This book is fairly recent, so it covered William and Kate's marriage. It was very thoughtful and very thorough, a nice tribute the world's longest reigning monarch. Queen Elizabeth has such dignity and poise, I admire her. I wish I was better at not letting my emotions get the best of me. Practice! I love how all of these books I've read recently about the Queen and Prince Philip have emphasized (in a nice way) that Princess Diana was not the blameless victim so many other books (and movies, and interviews) have made her out to be. I always felt bad for Charles, he seemed like a genuinely nice guy, if not a bit dull. It's nice to get a different perspective on the whole thing.

No comments: