Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Phantom Prince; Drive Thru Dreams

Elizabeth Kendall, who is actually Elizabeth Kloepfer, first published her account of her life with serial killer Ted Bundy in the early 1980s. Apparently she is updating it, with the book slated to come out next year. She told a compelling story of falling in love with the charming Bundy and how she ended up coming to discover he was actually a very bad man. It was interesting to hear her side of their relationship.
I was disappointed with "Drive Thru Dreams". A couple of my coworkers read it and raved about it, but I thought it was just okay. Chandler gives a brief overview of fast food restaurants as a whole and how they started and their impact on so many different aspects of modern society. I very, very rarely eat fast food (I'm vegan, so my options are pretty limited, although it is nice that more places are offering meat alternatives), but I can understand the appeal. I remember when I was a kid my Dad tried to convince his parents that we could eat at fast food places for less money than it cost to buy food and prepare it at home. Even as a kid I knew that was ridiculous, but he gave it a good shot.

No comments: