Friday, September 4, 2020

How I Got This Way; I Will Always Love You

Aw, poor Regis. RIP. I always enjoyed watching him and Kathie Lee, and later on Kelly Ripa. He seemed so high energy and full of fun. He wrote this book right after he retired in 2011, talking about the great people he had in his life and the lessons he learned from all of them. It was a terrific, uplifting, positive book and I enjoyed his nuggets of wisdom.

Book 12 of the Gossip Girl series. Technically the last one, but there is a prequel I'm slogging my way through. I really didn't enjoy these as much as I hoped I would. I guess the whole Nate/Blair/Serena love triangle just didn't appeal to me. I kept screaming at him to just MAKE UP HIS MIND ALREADY. Jesus. And what was wrong with those two girls?! Sure, Nate is hot but come on. He's a commitment phobic jerk. I've dated enough of those to know what to expect. They both deserve better.
The only nice thing about this book was that Chuck finally got a decent part and wasn't a complete weirdo like he was in all the others. Of course Blair broke his heart to go back to Nate (ughhhhh).

No comments: