Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Sister to Sister

I loved "Wife After Wife", Hayfield's book about King Henry VIII (modernized and set in present day), so I was excited to hear she wrote a sequel about Elizabeth and Mary.

It was pretty good. Not what I was expecting. Maria and Eliza clash early on about how to run Rose Corp. after their father, Harry, is forced to retire, but Maria exits the company early on, leaving Eliza to rule the roost by herself. The book was more about Eliza and her friends, Will and Kit, and her love interest, Rob. She has a hard time trying to figure out how to run a successful company and still make time for the other people in her life. There were definitely some clever bits but I thought she really could have done with less Kit and Will and more family drama. Still, all in all, I enjoyed it. 
 

No comments: