Tuesday, February 13, 2024

The Case of the Troubled Trustee

 

I can't believe I'm almost done with the Perry Mason! What on earth am I going to read next?! 

I'm sure I'll find *something* 😀

Dutton is the trustee of Desere's estate. Desere's father was afraid she would blow right through it, so he named Dutton as the trustee to keep his daughter's spending in check. Dutton comes to Mason for advice. He's done some shady things, namely embezzlement, but insists it was for Desere's own good (sure, okay). He's in love with her but she's too young and immature to realize how good Dutton would be for her, and instead is carrying on with a group of beatnik hippies. She's supposedly engaged to one of them named Fred (a no good beatnik hippie name if I ever heard one!). 

There was a pretty good courtroom scene in this one, where Hamilton got to cross examine Mason's witnesses, and did a darn good job of it, too. It looks pretty bleak for Dutton, but not surprisingly Mason pulls a rabbit out of a hat at the last minute. 

No comments: