Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Libraries in the Ancient World

I must seem like the most boring person on earth--all I read are library related books and books on football! Lately, anyway. Well, Lionel Casson's "Libraries in the Ancient World" wasn't technically for school; it just kind of tied into my History of Books and Libraries class, so I read it. It was okay. Short (150 pages), which is always nice, but it was a little too technical for my taste. It had a lot on architecture and how the ancient libraries were designed, which is interesting, I guess. I'm more interested in how they were organized, who did the organizing, etc., which he also did talk about. All in all it wasn't a bad book, and it has illustrations (always a plus!). I'm just burnt on school stuff right now and really want to read something fun.

No comments: