Thursday, June 11, 2009

Handle With Care

I've always wanted to read a book by Jodi Picoult, since I've heard such good things about her. I bought "My Sister's Keeper" years ago and still haven't gotten around to reading it. I'd like to try to before I see the movie. Anyway, I did read "Handle with Care", her latest, involving a young girl born with brittle bone disease, or osteogenisis imperfecta. Her parents decide to sue her mother's obstetrician (who also happens to be her best friend) for medical malpractice since she didn't diagnose the disease earlier while Willow was in utero so Charlotte could have terminated the pregnancy. This book had a lot going on in it, and it was very good, but the ending left me feeling cold, I don't know. I'm not 100% sure how I feel about this book, which I guess is a hallmark of good writing, if it makes you ponder it after you've finished it.

No comments: