Saturday, August 22, 2009

Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder

One of my all time favorite authors, Rebecca Wells, is back after a much too long hiatus. I absolutely love "Little Altars Everywhere", her first book, so much so that I named my little dachshund Siddalee after the main character in her books. I was really looking forward to this book, and while it was good, it wasn't as great as I'd hoped. The last fifty pages or so seemed rushed and not very well thought out, and the ending was entirely too pat. I did really like Calla Lily Ponder, the main character, more than I thought I would. I envy Wells' ability to write about convincing female relationships. I wonder if she has a lot of really good female friends, since all of her books are focused on relationships between women. Either way, I hope her Lyme disease isn't going to keep her from writing more. It's good to have her back.

No comments: