Monday, August 10, 2009

Eclipse and Breaking Dawn

I thought I was in the mood to reread some Stephenie Meyer vampire goodness, and since "Eclipse" is my favorite I started there (well, that and the fact that my sister has "Twilight"). For some reason this time around it really bugged me, and I was able to understand why so many people hate it. The writing really is godawful, and Bella's constant martyrdom is annoying to the extreme. Maybe I was just too hard on it, I don't know. "Breaking Dawn" was better although I can't say I really enjoyed rereading it. Maybe because I already know how it ends the tension was just gone for me. Maybe Bella and Edward's ridiculously high level of happiness is just on my nerves right now. I'm sure in a few months, or a year, when I go back to reread again I'll enjoy it.

No comments: