Thursday, December 10, 2009

Another Faust

I read a review of David and Dina Nayeri's "Another Faust" and it seemed like a really interesting idea: a group of five very talented teenagers move to New York with their beautiful governess and quickly take over an exclusive private school. Each one of them is uniquely "gifted" and talented beyond belief. Now, I don't criticize books very often, I really don't. Even if I don't like them a whole lot, I can usually find some redeeming quality to mention. There were none with this book. It was awful. The writing was over the top unbelievable (and this from the girl who loved "Twilight", mind you). The storyline was full of holes and loose ends that never got tied up. At one point one of the characters asks another one "What's going on?" and that pretty much summed up the whole book for me. I had no idea what was going on and I didn't really care. Why I stuck with it for four days and finished it, I don't know. It was a complete and utter waste of time.

No comments: