Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Lady in the Tower

I love Alison Weir's histories and biographies. She's such a great historian and researcher and her books are always very enjoyable. This one was no different. It examined in great detail the events surrounding the fall of Queen Anne Boleyn. The only thing I can't agree with Weir on is Henry VIII (oh, and Richard III). She is adamant that we can't judge him by today's standards, and I know she has a point, but seriously, the guy was scum. I dislike him more for what he did to Catherine of Aragon, but poor Anne didn't fare any better. Still, Weir really did her homework and while there really wasn't anything new for me in this (but I read so much about the Tudors that it's very nearly impossible to give me anything new) I still enjoyed it.

No comments: