Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Batman: Haunted Knight; Batman: Long Halloween; Fables Vol. 10; Twilight at the World of Tomorrow

A couple of Batman graphic novels by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale. "The Haunted Knight" showed me a very tortured side of Batman that I didn't know existed, and "The Long Halloween" continued that. While they were both good and I liked them, I still liked "The Killing Joke" better.
I missed Vol. 10 of Bill Willingham's "Fables" series when I was finishing them up a few months ago, so I went back and got it. I love Valiant Prince Ambrose (otherwise known as Flycatcher) and his story. So good.
"Twilight at the World of Tomorrow" by James Mauro was about the 1939 New York World's Fair, which took place on the eve of World War II breaking out. It was a bit uneven and inconsistent, and parts of it felt dragged out and padded while other parts felt rushed. Too bad, because it's certainly an interesting subject.

No comments: