Thursday, May 15, 2014

Midnight Crossroad

Charlaine Harris's new series (at least, I *think* it's supposed to be a series) "Midnight Crossroad", is about a small Texas town named Midnight where everyone has a secret and everyone is just a little bit peculiar. Manfred moves to town, and quickly discovers he fits right in with the tight lipped citizens of Midnight. The pawn shop owner, Bobo, is depressed over his girlfriend Aubrey's abrupt departure. While out picnicking, a group of Midnighters find Aubrey's body. Secrets start to come out, and the town pulls together to protect their own. It was bad, it just wasn't all that interesting to me. I feel like I do reading the Diane Mott Davidson Goldy series: it's habit now, and even though they're not that great I keep reading them. So I'll probably keep reading this series, too. Oh well. At least it's a quick read :)

No comments: