Friday, October 9, 2015

All the Bright Places

"All the Bright Places" was written by the same Jennifer Niven who wrote "The Aqua Net Diaries", which I read years ago and enjoyed. I loved the heck out of "All the Bright Places", even though Finch struck me as unrealistic. Violet is mourning the death of her older sister, Eleanor, when she gets to know Theodore Finch, the school freak. Finch is larger than life (literally, Niven describes him as being tall and lanky with huge feet, he hit a growth spurt and just kept going), does crazy things, lives and loves hard, but also feels the dark times hard, too. I guessed he was bipolar right away. I did like him, and Violet, too, and it made me cry at the end even though I was determined not to. Why are all the best YA books the sad ones? At any rate, it was a really great book and I enjoyed it.

No comments: