Sunday, November 13, 2016

Pistols for Two; The Athena Project; You Will Know Me

"Pistols for Two" was a fun, quick read, a collection of short Regency romances by Georgette Heyer. I really enjoyed them.
"The Athena Project" by Brad Thor is one that was recommended to me by a friend who read it and really liked it. He was looking for a romance recommendation for a Reader's Advisory class he's taking in library school, and I suggested Georgette Heyer. He ended up liking it, so to be fair I read this one. It was certainly very interesting, there was just a lot going on and I probably didn't get everything out of it that I should have. A group of beautiful, elite female agents are in search of a machine that uses Nazi technology to "fax" (there's really no better word for it) people and weapons from one spot to another. It's fallen into the wrong hands, and the women have to get it. Not something I would have ever picked up and read on my own, so it was a learning experience. It was pretty fast paced, the action moved quickly.
I got "You Will Know Me" on hold at work and looked at it and said "why did I put this on hold?" I had zero recollection of doing so, and after reading what it was about I was even more perplexed. It certainly didn't seem like something I'd normally read, but I must have read a good review or someone recommended it. At any rate, I gave it a shot. Katie and Eric Knox's lives revolve around their sixteen year old daughter Devon's elite gymnastics career. Devon is poised to potentially go to the Olympics when a scandal rocks the gym she trains at. Coach T's niece, Hailey, is accused of hitting her boyfriend after he dies in a hit and run, a witness comes forward saying he saw Hailey's car at the scene. Katie's not quite sure what to believe when both Eric and Devon start acting strangely and keeping secrets from her. It wasn't bad. I thought it was going to end differently than it did, so I was a bit disappointed.

No comments: