Thursday, February 9, 2017

Study in Charlotte

One of my coworkers recommended this to me after she found out I am a big Sherlock Holmes fan, and it was so brilliant and clever, I adored it. It was one of those books I wish would have been around when I was a teenager, I would have gobbled this one up and begged for more (it's supposed to be a trilogy, the sequel is coming out next week!). James Watson is attending a boarding school in Connecticut when he meets Charlotte Holmes. Yes, they are descendants from the original Watson and Holmes. As a kid, James (he hates being called Jamie but everyone does it anyway) fantasized about being friends with Charlotte and the grand adventures they'd have, but reality isn't quite as good as daydreams. Charlotte is standoffish and not interested in being friends, until one of their classmates is murdered and the killer appears to be framing Watson and Holmes. Together they investigate and piece together the clues. What a great homage to the original stories.

No comments: