Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Clash of Kings

Still rereading The Song of Ice and Fire rather than my library books. Today I finished "Clash of Kings", which is book two. Back in 2012 when I bought it and first read it, I remember being up until midnight, reading the ending and going "oh my God, there's no way I can wait until tomorrow to get book three! I have to know right now!". So I went on my Nook and bought the third one and started reading it right then. Thank God for technology, am I right? This book differs slightly from the show (Arya is Roose Bolton's cupbearer at Harrenhal, not Tywin Lannister's, for instance), and Daenerys has some illuminating prophesies, especially in light of what we know now after Sunday's series finale. I really wish Martin would publish the sixth book, though. Seriously.

No comments: