Sunday, August 27, 2017

Meddling Kids; Game of Thrones

I really enjoyed Edgar Cantero's first book, "Supernatural Enhancements", and I was excited for this one, since it clearly is a Scooby Doo spoof. How fun! And it was...but it wasn't as good as I'd hoped. A group of four teenagers (and their dog) solved the mystery of the lake monster back in 1977 when they caught a man dressed up in a monster costume. Thirteen years later, however, the three surviving teens (and the descendant of the dog) are being inexplicably drawn back to the lake to finish what they started. Turns out the monster costume guy was just a front for the real evil going on behind the scenes. It was very cleverly done for sure.

I've been on vacation from work for the last two weeks, and rather than reading the books I checked out, I decided to sit on the couch, rewatch "Game of Thrones" from the beginning, and started to reread the books as well. I finished the first one in the Ice and Fire series, "Game of Thrones". I read them all years ago when the show first started, and it was nice to go back and refresh my mind as to the differences between the show and the books.

No comments: