Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Never Get Angry Again

I read "Never Get Angry Again" for work. Not that I have anger issues, I really don't, but it said it would help you learn how to stay calm and in control in any situation, and that's something I can definitely use. Working in a library, ANYONE is welcome to come in, and we get some people with issues (like all libraries do). Any coping techniques to have positive interactions are always welcome, and he had some good tips. One of the most helpful, I think, is that while we can't choose what happens to us on a daily basis, we can choose what we spend our time thinking about. Do you ever lay awake at night, remembering all the dumb things you said or did and wish you could do them differently? I think we all do, and he pointed out that thinking like that is like walking a path in the forest: it's easier than blazing a new trail, but if you take the time and effort to make a new path, you can get off the old one.

No comments: