Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Clue; The True Death of Billy the Kid; Banana Cream Pie Murder

I love, love, love the 1985 film "Clue", based on the classic board game, it's such a great movie. This graphic novel had a lot of the same elements (and inside jokes--the detective says she's going to go home and sleep with her wife, much like Mr. Green did at the end of the film. Such a great line). A group of people with no apparent connection gather at the mansion of a mysterious man named Mr. Boddy and one by one, they start dying. Two detectives show up, and because of the raging storm outside no one can get in or out. The case is solved and the ending was funny.
A super quick (I think it took me 10 minutes to read it) graphic novel about the life and death of Billy the Kid. I have a book by Geary about the Borden murders, and since I'm a Billy the Kid aficionado I figured I'd give this one a whirl. For someone who doesn't know anything about the Kid, it would be a nice way to introduce them to the subject, since it covers all the high points without getting into too much detail.
And finally, back to Hannah! She and Ross are back from their honeymoon and settling into married life. It seems to be a lot like single life: Ross is gone a few nights on out of town trips, and when he is home he goes to bed early while Hannah and Michelle are out investigating the latest Lake Eden murder: Mayor Bascomb's sister, Tori. Michelle's school lets her come direct the play that Tori was supposed to be working on, so she camps out at Hannah and Ross's condo, which...I mean, they're *newlyweds*. You maybe want to give them a little privacy? I mean, jeez. At any rate, it hardly matters since Ross is seriously never home. Hannah doesn't have a lot of suspects for Tori's murder, and the ones she does have she's able to quickly eliminate. I actually got the ending of this one about 2/3 of the way through (Fluke dropped a pretty big hint that even I was able to pick up on). The book ends with Ross mysteriously disappearing--my guess is that Fluke didn't quite know what to do with Hannah now that she's not torn between Norman and Mike. Yeah, I'm not sure either, hon. Good luck.

No comments: