Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Coconut Layer Cake Murder

Why do I keep reading these books? Gah. They're good for a laugh, I guess, if nothing else.
Anyway, Hannah is stressed about the whole Ross debacle and Doc recommends a super relaxing vacation in California, helping her friend Lynn pack up and move back to Minnesota.
Helping someone move sounds the opposite of relaxing to me, but okay.
While in California, gawking at planes (guess they don't have them in Minnesota? Not sure, I've never been), Hannah gets a call from her sister, Michelle. Michelle's boyfriend, Lonnie, is the prime suspect in the murder of someone we've never heard of before named Darcy. Since the Lake Eden police department is useless (seriously, how is Hannah not on their payroll already? A bakery owner solves more murders than the detectives), Hannah has to fly back (on an emergency ticket, no less! What did she tell the airline?! Somehow I doubt that "I need to get home to solve a murder for my sister" would constitute a real emergency for most airlines).
So in between cooking and eating enough to satisfy six or seven armies, Hannah and Norman (TEAM NORMAN!!) somehow manage to solve the murder. Great. No one really cared, anyway.
In the end, Hannah has a dream about baking with her own little girl and wakes up (in Norman's master bedroom while he rides the guest room bed--that's cold, Hannah) and sighs about how "maybe, someday".
OH MY GOD I HATE YOU, HANNAH! You have had multiple opportunities to marry Norman (and even Mike!) at this point, and shot that man down. Stop whining. I just wanted to reach through the damn book and slap her silly.

No comments: