Monday, March 30, 2020

Lord John and the Private Matter

So, naturally after finishing the currently published Outlander series, I moved on to Gabaldon's other books, the Lord John Grey series (well, I actually read an Advanced Reader Copy of a really sweet Regency romance title I will review after the book is published). Lord John is concerned that his cousin Olivia's fiance has the pox after seeing him use a chamber pot, but of course it's not like he can just go up to the man and ask him. While trying to figure out a discreet way to determine if he has syphilis, one of his fellow soldiers is murdered and Lord John is asked to investigate. It was a lot of fun, and when not making his guest appearances as a very proper English lord in Outlander, John is a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to the rest of them (but I'm still eagerly awaiting "Bees").

No comments: