Thursday, April 16, 2020

Lakeshire Park

I read an Advance Reader's Copy of this book a few weeks ago and I really enjoyed it. Amelia and her younger sister, Clara, are living unhappily with their grudging stepfather, who is dying and has told the young ladies they won't get a penny when he does. Desperate to make a successful match so they won't be turned out on the streets, Amelia is overjoyed when she and Clara are invited to a party at Sir Ronald's house. Clara took a shine to him when they met during the girl's London Season, but Clara has some competition for Sir Ronald's affection in the form of Miss Georgiana Wood. Miss Wood's brother, Peter, is a friend of Sir Ronald's, and Clara begs Amelia to distract him so she has a fair chance at Sir Ronald. Amelia really dislikes Peter at first, but she's willing to do anything to help her sister. It was completely predictable but very sweet and charming.
Now I want to read more Georgette Heyer :) I guess I can, since I'm done with Outlander!

No comments: