Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Gossip Girl

I'm not proud of this. Sincerely. It's my colleague at work's fault. She recommended I watch the Netflix show "You". She said I would like it, and mentioned that it stars Penn Badgley, the "hot guy from Gossip Girl" (her words, not mine, but she's not wrong). I gave her a look and said "seriously, you think I watched Gossip Girl?". No, of course I would never watch such mindless trash.
So of course I started watching it. 
And now I have to read the books, because I hate myself.
I know. I know. But it's that time of year, it's almost my annual vacation, and since I can't go anywhere thanks to COVID (not that I was going to anyway, but it's nice to think I *might* have) I'll spend my time off reading mindless fluff. I usually do. It actually wasn't terrible. It reminded me a lot of the "Pretty Little Liars" series: spoiled rich upper East side kids spend their days partying and being awful to each other. 
The show is super fun, though. Simultaneously hating and loving Chuck Bass is my new favorite past time.

No comments: