Monday, October 26, 2020

Do No Harm

 

I've never read one of Collins' Nate Heller books (at least I don't think I have). I borrowed this one because it was about the Sam Sheppard case and sounded interesting. I didn't realize Heller's stories usually involved real life people, so now I'll have to read some of the others. I really enjoyed this one, I like Collins' writing style.

Heller is in Cleveland the day Marilyn Sheppard is murdered, and goes to the scene with his friend, Eliot Ness, to check it out. Fast forward a few years later to Sam's murder trial, and Heller investigates, trying to get to the truth of it. No luck, Sam is convicted and sent to prison. About ten years later, F. Lee Bailey takes his case and gets him a new trial and once again, Heller tries to get to the bottom of it. It was really interesting, I don't know enough about Sam Sheppard to say if Collins came to the "right" conclusion or not, but it was a fun journey. 

No comments: