Monday, October 26, 2020

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd

 

I know I read this book at some point in my life, I went through an Agatha Christie phase in my late teens/early twenties and read everything I could get my hands on that she wrote. But I didn't remember it, and I saw it on a list somewhere as one of the greatest twist endings in all of mystery fiction. Since nothing else is grabbing me right now (I've started and discarded about 10 books in the last three weeks) I figured I could reread it. It was really good, and the ending was terrific (don't want to spoil anything). 

Roger Ackroyd is murdered, and Belgian detective Hercule Poirot comes out of retirement to help the police solve the case. Lots of red herrings, lots of clues, and lots of people lying helped make it a true mystery until the very end. 

No comments: