Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 Volume 6: Own It

 

So glad I was able to get this one through an interlibrary loan, because the cheapest I saw it going for used online was about $650. Although after reading (most) of Season 10, I'm kind of disappointed I don't own them. So far I've enjoyed it.

D'Hoffyrn has turned the Anya ghost into a copy of Anya and is grooming her to be a vengeance demon. Xander and Dawn are actually having fun, jumping from dimension to dimension in search of a way back home. It was good for them to help rebuild their relationship. D'Hoffyrn is using Jonathan's ghost to plant seeds of doubt in Andrew's mind, and Buffy is fighting with everyone, including Spike :( He suggests they break up and I lost my tenuous grip on sanity (although some would argue I lost that a long time ago, and I would be hard pressed to disagree with them). Buffy says something super mature about how they both have a history of bailing on relationships when they get tough and now is not the time to bail but to fight to stay together. Willow gets kicked out of the military due to her close relationship with Buffy, since the military blames Buffy for the demon chaos. Spike and Buffy talk about their relationship in between visiting former members of D'Hoffyrn's council and enlisting their help to bring him down. They make up nicely (aw, I'm okay, I'm just getting a cold, I swear). Dawn and Xander make it back. D'Hoffyrn attacks the gang and Buffy has a brilliant way of bringing him down--she makes a wish that must be granted :) Buffy decides to form a new council, made up of beings of all kinds (including Riley, WTF, Buffy?!) to help rewrite the rules. There was a funny little bit in the end where Harmony follows Buffy around, trying to interview her for some documentary she's doing. 

No comments: