Monday, November 1, 2021

A Line to Kill; Katharine Parr, the Sixth Wife

I actually finished a couple of books over the weekend! Yay for me!

I love Anthony Horowitz's books. "A Line to Kill" is one of his books where he's a character, along with the Detective Daniel Hawthorne. Tony and Hawthorne agree to go to a literary festival on the island of Alderney, which is part of the Channel islands, to promote the upcoming first book, "The Word is Murder". The festival is being hosted by Charles le Mesurier, who owns a profitable online gambling site. The rest of the authors are all a little shady, and Tony is suspicious of Hawthorne's motives for coming to the festival when he finds out a suspect he was accusing of pushing down a flight of stairs lives on the island. When le Mesurier is stabbed to death, the local police ask Hawthorne for help, since there has never been a murder on the island. With plenty of red herrings, the ending was a great twist and totally plausible. It was a lot of fun and I can't wait for the next one. 

I originally started reading Weir's sixth book about Katharine Parr when it was first published earlier this year but I just could not get into it (which tells you how bad my reading block was at the time, normally I can tear through these books in no time flat). Since it had holds I gave up and returned it, and finally came back around to it. It wasn't too bad, but honestly just felt so repetitive. I've read too many books (didn't know it was possible, but hey, there you go) on Henry VIII and his wives that I'm so burnt out. I'm glad I finished it, but it was very bland and not memorable. 


No comments: