Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Dexter By Design

I know, I reread the Dexter series by Jeff Lindsay all the time. I started at the beginning a while back and got through book three and then moved on. The Showtime reboot of the series started a few weeks ago, and while the first episode left me a little cold, the second one this past Sunday was better, so I'm cautiously optimistic. 

Of course what it *really* did was make me decide to re-watch the original series, so that's what I've done the last 10 days. Which led to wanting to read the books. Again. 

I picked up book four, "Dexter By Design". Dexter and Rita are back from their Paris honeymoon and Dexter is learning how to be a husband, step-father, and still keep up his nighttime activities when a killer targeting tourists pops up. As one might imagine, this does not go over well in Miami and Dexter has a personal stake in catching the killer after Debs gets stabbed. The killer is turning murder into performance art and wants to make a piece starring Dashing Dexter (I mentioned Ellroy's alliteration skills the other day, but man, Lindsay is amazing, too!). In the end it's Rita who saves the day and Dexter finds out he's going to be a daddy. Awwwwww :)
 

No comments: