Friday, December 10, 2021

Written In My Own Heart's Blood

 

I was trying to reread this one before book 9 came out a few weeks ago, but I didn't quite make it. I had a wild thought of finishing this one before starting book 9, but of course *that* wasn't going to happen. But I was so close to being done with this one that I still wanted to finish it, even though I already read the next one. So I finished it. 

William is wrestling with the knowledge that he's Jamie's natural son. Poor Lord John is wounded after his fight with Jamie and he's darn lucky he didn't lose his eye. Ian marries Rachel and Dottie marries Denzell, both ladies become pregnant in due time. Roger travels back through the stones with his ancestor, Buck, thinking Jem went back, and they land in 1739. Brianna, in 1980, decides she needs to go back to get Roger, since he'll never come back if he thinks Jem is still missing in the past. Like all the Outlander books, it had moments of pure happiness and heartbreak. 

Any chance book 10 is coming out soon? 😂

No comments: