Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Enter Whining and Total Access

Earlier today I finished reading two books. The first was "Enter Whining" by Fran Drescher. It was her first autobiography, written 5 years before "Cancer Schmancer". It was fun and lighthearted, and she sounded so much happier than she did in the later one. I guess having cancer, going through a divorce, losing your hit TV show, and having your dog die really brings you down. I totally understand.
The second book was "Total Access" by Rich Eisen, and it was even funnier than Fran's book. Rich has the coolest job in the world: he's an anchorman for the NFL network (and I bet you thought I was done with football books! Ha!). His life is football, 12 months a year. He goes to every Super Bowl, every Pro Bowl in Hawaii, the Draft, the mini-camps, owner's meetings, the Hall of Fame ceremonies, gets to interview athletes, and goes to regular season games. He sounds like he has the greatest time doing it, too. I should have majored in journalism instead of library science!

No comments: