Sunday, December 14, 2008

Smart Women Finish Rich; High Five; Seven Up

"Smart Women Finish Rich" by David Bach wasn't nearly as helpful as I'd hoped it would be. All of the advice he gives for investing and saving I already do. Maybe I'm already smart, so I'll finish rich :-) Somehow I doubt it: I've never felt smart a minute in my life. We'll see when I get to the end, I guess. I definitely won't ever read it again, although it only took, like, two hours, so at least it wasn't a total waste of precious time.
In the mood for some hilarity, so I reread two Janet Evanovichs's "High Five" and "Seven Up". Both were pretty funny, and I enjoyed the much needed laughs. In "High Five" Stephanie is looking for her Uncle Fred, who has disappeared, and Benito Ramirez, the crazy guy from the first book, has been paroled and keeps showing up. She also somehow manages to screw up not one but two cars Ranger lends her: his Porsche gets blown up and his BMW gets stolen. I'll definitely reread it; I've read it, like, six times now. "Seven Up" involves Steph's problems trying to catch an elderly FTA, her grandma getting kidnapped, and her sister, Valerie, moving back to Jersey after being deserted by her husband. The best parts are when things heat up with Ranger. Oooh! I'll definitely reread this one again, too.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I started the Janet Evanovich series, but I think I left off at about 5 or 6 and haven't yet read the newer ones. Sounds like I should get back into this series! I still favor Sue Grafton's books, but these are definitely funnier.