Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Revelations; Wasteland; Ten Big Ones

"Revelations" by Melissa de la Cruz was her third in the Blue Bloods series, about the rich teenage immortals living in New York. I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention because I'm not really sure what's going on, but it's still fun to read. I might reread it someday. We'll see.
"Wasteland" by Francesca Lia Block was kind of disappointing. I've been in the mood to reread "Flowers in the Attic" by V.C. Andrews, so I was in the mood for some good brother/sister incest. Supposedly, according to Novelist, "Wasteland" was similar. Not too sure how. I wouldn't have even known the brother and sister had sex if the damn Novelist site hadn't told me they did. Block didn't go into description. The whole book seemed more like an outline: nothing was really fleshed out as much as I would have liked. It would have been really good, if there had been more to it. I liked how she depicted the Valley, and set the book in the early '80s, but other than that there wasn't much else to it. I definitely won't ever read it again.
"Ten Big Ones" by Janet Evanovich was a reread. Steph is hiding out at Ranger's apartment because the local gang, the Slayers, are after her. It was pretty hilarious, and I'll definitely read it again someday.

No comments: