Friday, December 19, 2008

Stop in the Name of Pants; Love is a Many Trousered Thing; Startled by His Furry Shorts...

For some reason this time of year I always want to reread some old favorites. Last December it was Ed McBain's 87th Precinct series. The year before, it was the Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. This year, it's going to be Janet Evanovich and Louise Rennison's Georgia Nicolson series. Over the last week I reread 8 of the 9 books (just skipping the first one: I've reread them in reverse order, don't ask me why). It's such a funny, funny series, and I hope that Rennison has more of Dave the Laugh and Georgia together in book 10. I'm looking forward to it! Obviously I will reread all of these again; I think I did in July when the latest one came out. My favorite one is "Away Laughing on a Fast Camel", when Dave duffs up Mark Big Gob for insulting Georgia. Although the camping scene at the end of "Love is a Many Trousered Thing" is absolutely hilarious. I made the mistake of reading "On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God" at the dentist's office this morning and couldn't control my laughter. The other people in the waiting room no doubt thought I was insane. I dare anyone to read them and not laugh out loud.
#9 "Stop in the Name of Pants"
#8 "Love is a Many Trousered Thing"
#7 "Startled By His Furry Shorts"
#6 "Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers"
#5 "Away Laughing on a Fast Camel"
#4 "Dancing in My Nuddy Pants"
#3 "Knocked Out By My Nunga-Nungas"
#2 "On the Bright Side, I'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God"

No comments: