Monday, April 27, 2009

Cleopatra and Antony; Multiple Blessings; Stealing MySpace

"Cleopatra and Antony" by Diana Preston was a great book about the original power couple, Queen of Egypt Cleopatra and Mark Antony. While there was very little new information in here for me (I do read a lot about them, though) for someone less obsessive this would be a great introduction to why Cleopatra and Antony continue to fascinate us, even after two thousand years.
"Multiple Blessings" by Kate Gosselin is the story of TV's "Jon and Kate Plus 8". It's the early years, before the TV show. On TV Gosselin doesn't come across nearly as preachy as she did in the book. It was just a little too much for me to really enjoy it. I would have really liked to hear from poor henpecked Jon. That man deserves a medal.
"Stealing MySpace" by Julia Angwin is the story of how a bunch of guys built up the most successful social networking site in the world (at least until Facebook came along). It was interesting and reminded me of the books I read when I was a kid about Microsoft and Bill Gates.

No comments: