Friday, May 1, 2009

Fatally Flaky

"Fatally Flaky" by Diana Mott Davidson is her latest Goldy the Caterer mystery. Really, I just read these for the recipes, which are awesome. The plots are never very good or easy to understand, and she has a tendency to introduce a ton of new characters in the beginning of the book and it gets very confusing if you're not paying close enough attention (which I admittedly am not). This one was actually pretty good, I liked it better than the last few I've read. Goldy is catering a wedding for a real Bridezilla, and her godfather's best friend turns up dead. Some great food in this one, too. Definitely have to make the Black and White cake...yummy. The only thing that really bugged me was her constant repetition of Goldy's caffeine addiction. I just wanted to scream "I get it already! Girl likes her espresso! Now move on, dammit!". Oh, well, minor annoyances.

No comments: