Thursday, September 24, 2009

All Together Dead: Blood Promise

"All Together Dead", another Sookie Stackhouse by Charlaine Harris, has Sookie at a vampire conference with the Queen of Louisiana. A lot was going on in this book, and I must admit I wasn't paying as close attention as I should have been, because I did get a bit lost towards the end. I think I need a vampire break.
So what do I turn to? "Blood Promise" by Richelle Mead. I know, I know, another vampire book, but a different kind of vampire book. Part of her Vampire Academy series, Rose is off in Siberia searching for Dimitri, who was turned into a Strigoi, or bad vampire, at the end of the last book, "Shadow Kiss". I am really enjoying this series, it seems to get better with each book. Her ideas and concepts have jelled and I like Rose and Lissa and the rest of the characters. The ending paved the way for the next one quite nicely.

No comments: