Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Mrs. Bennet Has Her Say; Woody; 50 Years 50 Moments

I was disappointed by Jane Juska's take on "Pride and Prejudice". It started out promisingly enough, but just descended into ridiculousness and silliness, and not Jane Austen silliness. It's too bad, because I think hearing from Mrs. Bennet would be fun, if done well.








I am a die hard Woody Allen fan, I have been ever since I was a kid, watching all his movies, reading all the bios of him I could get my hands on. I enjoyed this one by David Evanier. He writes gushingly of Allen's genius and didn't gloss over the ugliness with Mia Farrow. It made me want to rewatch all of my favorite Allen movies, so after I finished it I watched "Annie Hall" and "Manhattan" (because "Play it Again, Sam" wasn't On Demand). So much fun.






There are a lot of books out or coming out right now commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Super Bowl, and yes, I'm probably going to read them all. They're obviously a little repetitive, but it's still fun, reliving the best moments from my favorite games. Go Packers! :)

No comments: