Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Sinatra: the Chairman; Super Bowl: the first 50 Years of America's Greatest Game

So back in November of 2010 I read Kaplan's "Frank: the Voice" and loved it. I did however wonder at the odd stopping point. Now I know! He was planning a sequel! Hurray!
And what a splendid sequel it was. It was 900 pages, but I didn't want to put it down. The last twenty years of his life did feel a bit rushed, but I suppose that's to be expected, since he stopped making films and pretty much stopped recording in the studios, just played concerts when he was able. What an amazing life, an amazing man. Kaplan did an excellent job, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Since this is the 100 anniversary of his birth, I'm expecting to indulge in a lot more Sinatra in the next few weeks.


From one passion to the next: football! I do love this time of year.
"The Super Bowl" by David Fischer took a look at some of the more memorable match ups, highlighted the ones who never seem to lose as well as the ones who haven't yet won. He mentions outstanding performances and crushing defeats. It was exciting and fun, especially reliving some of my favorite games.

No comments: