Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Fractured

I put this one on hold and then when it came in I was surprised (this happens a lot). I'm not sure *why* I put it on hold, I don't remember putting it on hold, but I'm glad I read it, it was pretty good. Julie, her husband Daniel, and their six year old twins move to Cincinnati from Seattle for one major reason: Julie has a stalker, a woman she went to law school with named Heather. After the phenomenal success of her first novel, Heather reconnects with Julie and starts an online smear campaign, claiming Julie's book is based on a real murder Julie actually committed. Julie befriends a neighbor, John, but the weird stalking behavior continues and Cindy, the local neighborhood watch lady, is making her life miserable with her rules and meddling. There was a horrible accident and someone is dead (we don't find out until the end of the book). It was suspenseful and interesting.

No comments: