Monday, May 6, 2019

Fins; Moitessier: a Sailing Legend

I'm a car person. I love classic American cars. I hope to someday own a '55 Bel Air, I think they're the coolest looking cars. I have a Camaro and a Challenger, so I really don't have room for more cars at the moment, but maybe someday. "Fins" told the story of Harley Earl and the glory days of GM. Earl was head of design during the golden years of the 1920s, through the Depression of the '30s, the war years of the '40s, and the post-war era of the '50s. He's responsible for fins on cars and the Corvette, as well as many other iconic classics. I enjoyed it, I just wish there would have been more car pictures :)




After reading "A Voyage for Madmen" a few months ago, I was eager to read more about Bernard Moitessier, the sailor who would have finished the race first but decided instead to keep sailing because he was so at peace on the water. He led a very interesting, vagabond sort of life, but he seemed happy. It made me eager to get back out on a boat!

No comments: